Wednesday 13 March 2013

Swatches! Barry M: Grey and Black Multi Glitter

As you may be able to tell, I've been feeling ether uninspired lately. That, mixed with short nails (thanks to a random nail break) and a lack of nail art tools at Mr Lacquerised's flat means I just don't know what to do with myself and than random collection of polishes I've built up here. I was even a bit meh on what to swatch and even let Mr L choose some polishes. But I declined them all and ended up choosing these two which I feel conveys dreariness at life and uni and nails right now :p I think it's the looming exam period that is also putting me into a funk lol.

So, moving on, I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one grey in their collection, it just seems like a basic colour to have like black and/or red. Barry m's grey is a dark grey, more suited to autumn or winter But since the weathers been a tad bipolar lately (snow in march?!), it might as well be winter! Black Multi glitter is a nice take on the standard black, with tiny holographic glitter particles which would be SO good for galaxy nails (it's on my to do list, I just don't have any sponges at hand). However it's dries to a rather gritty and matte finish and a thick top coat is needed. I only used Sally hansens mega shine topcoat, but Seche Vite may be a better choice! Both are with 2 coats, which is a reason why I love Barry m so much, that and the great price tag!!

First pic is without flash and second is with, however neither show up the holo well :(




No comments:

Post a Comment