Wednesday 21 March 2012

Flower Fail

Aloha!

Sorry I've been AWOL, but exam season is fast approaching, so just been gearing up for that *sobs*
Which means there'll be even fewer posts than there has been lately (had some tests and labs and stuff for uni - booo!)  I also apologise for the  mediocre phone cam pic, but camera needed charged and I couldn't be bothered waiting for it to charge hehe ^_^

Anyhows, I noticed that people tend to do florals/dotty flowers as their first tries at nail art, and they usually end up with lovely designs that make me ooh and aah in jealousy. Jealousy because I can't do florals, as you can seem from the attempt below -__-


Dunno, they just dont seem to look like flowers, maybe because grey wasn't the best flower colour to use, but the shape doesn't scream floral to me :( But I guess from far away they look like flowers, most likely because of the green blobs Im calling leaves :p

Hmm, think I'm placing florals on my list of things I ain't good at/never going to try cos I'll fail along with water marbling (dry marbling/dragging seems much easier and tidier) and one stroke flowers -_- *sighs*

Also in other news, I'm considering selling some fake nail sets with some of my designs on folksy (UK version of etsy), which will be something to keep me occupied over summer and maybe bring in some money, if people buy them :p Might jsut start out with a small bundle of 10 or 20, and advertise on my personal FB as some friends have said they really like my designs...or they were just being nice, I don't know lol. I've bookmarked some things from ebay like false nail sets, glue, and jiffy bags etc, and it wont come to too much, so should make a profit hopefully :)

Oh and I'd like to also thank the followers that have started...well, following...me, it's nice to see that people like you enough to follow you, even if it's just a small number, really appreciate it guys :D

Enough rambling now, better get back to the notes D':

Hope yous have a lovely spring day! :)

4 comments:

  1. i think it looks so pretty, dear :) and I can see that it's a floral pattern :)
    in btw your blog is great and I started to follow you, dear!
    maybe you'll have a look on mine as well :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you Rebekah! :)
      Had a quick look through your blog (dinner and a rumbling tummy were calling lol) and it's pretty cool that you're british and living in Germany, I really want to move to another country someday :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Rebekah- not a fail at all! I LOVE that you did gray instead of pink (not that I don't like pink, but it's great to see something different.) I am totally loving your blog, and while I can't follow anymore people through blogger, I follow the heck out of you on Google Reader.

    I gave you an award here :)

    http://annasdopeblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow Anna, thanks SO much for the award :3 Didn't think that many people read/liked my nail designs lol...that's cheered up my dreary day of studying :)

      and yeah, I'm not a huge fan of pink, hence why i didn't do pink hehe. But I would've chosen a pastel colour maybe if I had one close to hand :)

      Thanks again Anna :)

      Delete